Personal Home Care
Our caregivers in Toronto provide a variety of services aimed at making the lives of people living with dementia easier such as meal preparation, grooming, medication reminders, light housekeeping and companion care. Apart from helping with basic activities of daily living, our caregivers are also available to accompany your loved one to doctor’s appointments, shoppings, and any other events your loved ones might be interested in.
Why you need it?
- Memory loss
- Difficulties with thinking, problem-solving, word retrieval, and language
- Losing track of time
- Wandering or getting lost in familiar places
- Trouble recognizing familiar faces
- Changes in mood or behavior
- Difficulty walking or balance issues
Dementia care is about improving the lives of both, those struggling with dementia, and their family members. This can be a stressful time for you and everyone else involved, so it’s important that you have the support you need.
Dementia Care at Home
If your loved one is suffering from dementia, they can be cared for in a variety of settings.
Having qualified care at home is the key to helping your parent with dementia stay as active and engaged as possible, and safe.
At Nurses and Caregivers Canada, we provide help for dementia clients at home, in retirement homes, in long term care facilities, and in the hospital.
Dementia care at home may involve:
- Helping your parent with activities of daily living, such as bathing, eating, dressing, and taking medication
- Providing cognitive stimulation and companionship, and helping to manage challenging behaviors.
- Assisting with activities and exercises that can have a positive effect on your parent’s mood and quality of life.